Here Come the Hectic Holidays...Again


It’s that time of year again when people are getting on my nerves.  The frantic, frenetic pace of the holidays seems to make everyone crazy.  Driving like maniacs to get to the mall, running into people with their shopping carts, ripping stuff off the shelves and not putting it back.  

And the parking lots!  Pulling in and out without so much as a turn of the head to see if anyone is behind them.  The other day I saw a huge pickup truck pull into a parking space where the mom had her door open and her child standing between the door and the vehicle and this monster truck pulled in so fast and close the mom had to close the door so that the child and herself were between the door and her vehicle to be relatively safe.  If the truck would have been one inch closer he would have squashed them both, maybe to death.  Inside the store, he was walking hard and fast, fists clenched, I thought he was deliberately on his way to punch someone out who worked in the store.  Normally I would have said something but this beefy guy looked so angry that I thought it best to keep my mouth shut.  And this is supposed to be the happiest time of the year?  Seems to be it’s the scariest time of the year.  You know, like the song: “You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout I’m telling you why...people out there are angry, wigged out and stay out of their way or they just might punch you out or run over you.” 

What happened to getting together with family and friends for a little fun, food and cheer sans hassle?  Or did that never happen?  Has the craziness of the holidays always been around us?  Is it just my wish that people stop it, take a deep breath, scale back on the buying of a gazillion presents and make life simple during the holidays?

My goal this year is to abide by the KISS rule:  Keep It Simple Stupid.  Not that I’m stupid but seems to me I’d be stupid if I made myself crazy again, like I normally do, for that one day of the year where getting together with family should be something to look forward to and not something that in the end sucked the life out of me.


My wish for all of you out there is KISS.  Have a safe and happy holiday season.  Slow down, breathe and enjoy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have You Ever Wanted To Just Be Done With Stuff? Here's An Idea!

The Best Children's Books Of 2016