Goals, Goals, Goals Are Driving Me Crazy

Why Can’t I Follow Through With My Goals?


I want to start my goal setting, again, before New Year’s Day.  I try to do this every year and it doesn’t work.  Then I say I’ll start my new goals New Year’s Day and then that doesn’t happen.  As you can see I haven’t posted in quite some time, a long time.  All because I can’t seem to follow through on my goals – again.   And there seems to be many different reasons (excuses?) why.
  1. Tomorrow’s another day. 
  2.  I’ve had to do things my entire life, now that I’m retired I don’t have to so I’m not going to
  3.  I’d rather be doing something else
  4.  I’m afraid I might fail
  5.  Writing seems like so much work.  I think I’m going to clean the house right now
  6.   I’m retired.  Why am I forcing myself to do things?
  7.   I’m afraid I might fail

These are just a few of the reasons I procrastinate and I’ve gotten better at procrastinating than at *doing*.  This year I’m going to try to figure out how to get out of this rut which contributes to my complaining every year around this time.
Anyone out there feel like this?  Anyone have ideas on how to get past the putting off doing today until tomorrow or never?
So tired of making excuses,
Letty




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have You Ever Wanted To Just Be Done With Stuff? Here's An Idea!

The Best Children's Books Of 2016

Here Come the Hectic Holidays...Again